2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or vanilla sugar)
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup granulated white sugar
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
113 gr cold unsalted butter
2 cups (275 gr) fresh or frozen blueberries
1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons (28 gr) unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 180° C
2. Line 12 cup cupcake tin with paper liners or lightly butter the muffin cups.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour with the sugar, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon.
4. Cut the butter into flour mixture and mix it.
5. Set aside 1 cup of flour mixture for topping.
6. To the remaining batter, add the milk, eggs, vanilla and stir just until combined.
7. Gently fold in the blueberries and lemon zest.
8. Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full with the batter.
9. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons (28 gr) of butter.
10. Stir the butter into reserved cup of flour.
11. Sprinkle about on table spoon of mixture on each muffin.
12. Bake the muffins for about 18 – 23 minutes or until firm and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
13. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool before serving.